Kajal is a traditional Indian cosmetic that has been used for centuries to enhance the appearance of the eyes. Kajal is applied in a thick, bold manner and is often used to accentuate the eyes. It can be worn day or night, depending on how you want to look.
The dark color of kajal makes it perfect for use in place of eyeliner or mascara when you want a simple, natural look. It can also be used as eyeliner when combined with eye shadow and other products.
Applying long lasting kajal perfectly to the eyes is not an easy task for many of us. This was initially a little bit intricate for me also. Later I learn some ways to simplify my struggle about applying kajal perfect.
It’s all about how you apply it and how much pressure you use while drawing it on your eyes. I know many people who apply it with a lot of pressure which results in smudging or uneven application. So, here are some tips which will help you apply kajal perfectly without any struggle:
1. It’s important to choose a kajal that is long-lasting in your waterline. If you have watery eyes, you might have trouble with your kohl. Kajal smudges very quickly when it comes into contact with watery eyes. That’s why it’s important to find good quality kohl or kajal for yourself.
2. Make the perfect lower waterline with this easy trick. First, apply a finger of your hand under your eyes and pull the lower waterline down slightly. Then place the kajal at your lower waterline and apply it. This will ensure that you can easily and perfectly apply the kajal on your lower waterline. Using your long-lasting kajal or kohl pencil, start from the outer corner of your lower lash line and work your way to the inner corner. If you need more coverage, repeat this step as many times as necessary. You can apply a thicker coat if you’d like, but it’s entirely up to you!
3. Kajal is the most important part of your makeup. It really makes your eyes look beautiful. But if you don’t blend it properly, it can make your eyes look messy and it just ruins the whole makeup. So, how to blend kajal perfectly? Take a small smudging brush and blend your kajal with a gentle hand on your lower lash line (just under your lower waterline). Because perfectly blended kajal looks so good in the eyes and the harsh line of kajal looks so bad.
4. To make your kajal last longer and stay on all day, we recommend using matte black eye shadow as an eyeliner. First, apply a thin layer of kajal on your lash line. Then, take some matte black eye shadow on your smudging brush/earbuds/fingertips and just gently dab it on your kohl on the lash line. This matte black eye shadow makes your kajal/kohl smudge-proof, sweatproof and long-lasting. Besides that, it also helps to make your kajal more intense.
5. Next, apply kajal to make your eyes look bigger. If you want to use a second method for applying kajal on your tightline, pull your eyelids upside down with the help of your finger and apply kajal on the upper waterline (tightline). Most of the time I am using the second process to apply kajal on my tightline.
6. If you’ve tried long-lasting kajal on your lower lash line and found it to be smudgy, it’s probably because you didn’t set it with powder. To set your kajal, use a makeup sponge or any fluffy powder brush to apply powder below the line of kajal on your lower lash line. This will soak up any sweat and make your eyeliner stay put all day long.