Do you know our laptop can melt if kept under heat for a long? Or that the sweat on your hands can damage your mobile phone’s screen?
Your gadgets are as important as your home or work. Right from preparing your presentations, doing your assignments, handling communication, calling cabs or even ordering food, our gadgets support us in sorting almost everything in our lives. Hence, it’s always wise to keep them secure.
Most people these days have a mobile, laptop and other small gadgets of their own. Most people do not realise that the number of devices they carry around is expensive, and any loss/damage can be financially stressful. It is essential to protect your most valuable gadgets such as laptops, mobile phones, cameras, etc.
A few quick do’s and don’ts:
- Keep your devices away from direct heat, moisture, rain, electromagnetic radiations and excessive cold.
- Get your devices serviced periodically
- Always turn off your devices when not in use. It protects your device from over-heat
- Always install an anti-virus software
- Manage privacy settings on social sites to restrict access
- Avoid using predictable and straightforward passwords
- Avoid letting the charge fall below 20% or rise above 80%
- Do not use your laptops as folders to keep papers and other kinds of stuff
- Always keep your phone’s cover on
Gadget insurance provides protection against physical or electronic accidents. It is essential for the safety of your expensive gadgets. You get a lot of benefits when you avail the apple insurance policy for your devices. Manufacturers provide a one-year warranty which is mainly limited to manufacturing defects. So, if your gadget is lost or stolen, you may have to pay from your pocket or buy a new device. For this reason, majorly, people prefer to buy an insurance plan that covers their expensive gadgets and ensure safety.
While you cannot physically safeguard your gadgets, you can secure your prized possessions financially with a comprehensive insurance plan available.
What should you look for before availing insurance for your gadgets?
- Coverage value
- Reimbursement policies
- Claim policy
- List of gadgets being covered
- Duration of the policy
- Features and benefits – customer care support, ease of application, easy claims, etc
Small Gadgets Insurance cover by Bajaj Finserv is a curated insurance plan that safeguards you financially against accidental damage or breakdowns of your gadgets. The policy covers various small gadgets like a vacuum cleaner, Bluetooth speakers, humidifiers, telephones, digital clocks, smart speakers, power banks, lighters and more. A significant reason to avail of this laptop insurance cover for your gadgets is its hassle-free process and quick claims, thus saving you time.
The plan offers coverage up to Rs. 10,000 at just Rs. 399. You can avail of this policy online and pay via your preferred payment mode.
What is in for you here?
- You get coverage against perils such as fire, explosions, floods, lightning, earthquakes, cyclones, etc.
- Coverage for damages due to riots or strikes
- You can claim repair and replacement costs for unexpected mechanical breakdowns of your gadgets. However, your devices should be in your possession at the time of claim.
- Coverage for accidental damages. However, your gadget must be in your custody while availing of the claim.
However, the policy does not cover:
- Gadgets that are older than 30 days. You must apply for the policy within 30 days of purchasing the new gadget. The original invoice would be required at the time of policy purchase
- A deductible amounting to the first 5% of the claim amount is applicable on every claim unless specifically revised and altered by the insurer and mentioned in the certificate of insurance. The deductible will be a minimum of Rs. 1,000 for a sum insured of up to Rs. 20,000 and Rs. 2,000 for a sum insured of Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 50,000
- Loss, damage or destruction of your gadgets due to terrorists’ activities is not covered.
- The plan excludes loss or damage due to pollution and contamination.
How can you apply?
You must fill in your basic details (name, date of birth, etc.) in the online application form. Enter the one-time password you receive on your registered mobile number and pay the premium via debit/credit card, UPI, mobile wallet, or any other available payment mode.
How to file a claim?
To raise a claim, you can contact the customer experience team within 24 hours of damage or loss via the available toll-free number, email or the customer service website. You would require an original invoice or bill copy of your purchased gadget, duly filled claim form and FIR copy in case of theft.
Also Read: Zaneym