Are you self-conscious about your teeth? Do you feel like you can’t smile without feeling embarrassed? If so, teeth whitening may be the solution for you! Teeth whitening is a quick and effortless way to get your pearly whites back in no time. This article will discuss teeth whitening in New Orleans and how it can help improve your confidence.
What is teeth whitening, and why do people do it?
Teeth whitening is a method that removes stains from teeth to make them whiter. The most common cause of teeth discolouration is ageing, but it can also be caused by smoking or drinking coffee and tea regularly. A teeth whitening approach can get done at home or by a professional dentist in New Orleans.
Teeth whitening procedures are safe and effective ways to get your teeth looking bright again! Teeth discolouration can make you feel self-conscious about smiling, but there’s no need for worry – teeth whitening is an effortless method to restore that confidence. You’ll be happy with how great they look after having the treatment done on them.
The different types of teeth whitening procedures
There are various types of teeth whitening techniques:
- In-office teeth whitening: This procedure can get done in a dentist’s office. It involves using a bleaching agent that is applied to the teeth. The bleaching agent is then get activated with a light or laser.
- At-home teeth whitening: It is a procedure that can get done at home with custom-made trays and bleaching gel. The trays fit over your teeth, and the gel is applied for short periods (usually 15 minutes).
- Teeth whitening strips: Thin, plastic strips coated with a bleaching agent is used in this process. They are placed on the teeth and left for a brief period (usually 15 minutes).
The advantages of teeth whitening procedures
There are many advantages to teeth whitening, including:
- Teeth will look whiter and brighter. It can be helpful if you have stained teeth or if your teeth have become discoloured over time due to ageing, smoking or drinking coffee/tea regularly.
- It’s a quick procedure that takes about 30 minutes from start to finish. There is no need for anaesthesia because there is minimal discomfort involved with teeth whitening procedures. The process consists in applying bleach onto the teeth using trays or strips before rinsing off after 20–30 minutes; bleaching gel may also be applied directly onto the teeth if desired.
- It’s a safe process with minimal side effects, including tooth sensitivity and gum irritation. These side effects are temporary and only last 24 hours after treatment has been completed.
If you are curious about teeth whitening, please contact dentistry that provides teeth whitening New Orleans office today for more information or schedules an appointment with us! We look forward to helping you achieve your dream smile.