Nautical Science courses prepare students to work as Navigation Officers on merchant ships. We’ve previously gone through the B.Sc. Nautical Science course in depth. Now is the time to look at a comparable subject called a Diploma in Nautical Science. It is a job-oriented training that will aid in the development of a Merchant Navy career. We will look at course specifics, eligibility requirements, physical and medical standards necessary, scope, employment options accessible after graduation, compensation figures, and so on for the Diploma in Nautical Science course. In a nutshell, this post will assess and review the course.
DIPLOMA IN NAUTICAL SCIENCE COURSE ESSENTIAL DETAILS
dns diploma in nautical science is a one-year diploma programme. Candidates who complete the course will be prepared to serve as Navigation Officers on Merchant Navy ships. It also includes the fundamentals of marine technical knowledge, safety and fire prevention, and communication skills, among other things.
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
When it comes to the admissions procedure and eligibility requirements, three key factors are considered: educational qualifications, physical and medical standards, and the candidate’s age. Let’s take a closer look at each of them in the sections below for diploma in nautical science:
QUALIFICATIONS IN EDUCATION
This degree requires a minimum educational requirement of 10+2 Science stream. The school must be done from the schooling with non-medical side. Students must have passed a Recognized Board’s 12th Board examination. Students must also be sure about all the points and the important concepts. There needs to be proper understanding so that you can excel in the field and get good marks. All you need to do is to look for the best options and you will be able to get your dream job easily. This course is not easy at all but if you have the dedication then only you will be able to get what you want from the same and become successful with the right job.
The Diploma in Nautical Science is a branch of marine studies. This course emphasizes the skills required to properly man oeuvre and operate marine vehicles. Its coursework is a well-balanced blend of academic and practical education. It often lasts a year.
Eligibility for the Diploma in Nautical Science is determined by passing the 10+ 2 examination. Admission to these programmes is based on both merit and admission.
What are the Benefits of a Diploma in Nautical Science?
Due to the vastness of the world’s seas and oceans, trading using merchant boats to export and import goods and services is an old enterprise. As a result, applicants with a background in marine studies are in great demand.
Candidates who are interested in maritime studies should enrol in the course, and those who successfully finish it will be prepared to work as captains or navigation officers on merchant ships. It provides students with in-depth understanding of navigation and ship operations, as well as opportunities for professional advancement.
Eligibility Criteria for a Diploma in Nautical Science
The following are the qualifying criteria that all candidates for the Diploma in Nautical Science must meet:
- Candidates must have completed the 12th standard or an equivalent examination approved by the AICTE and the State Government in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, as well as Computer Science as an optional subject and English as one of the study languages. Candidates must have received a minimum of 60% in aggregate (40 percent for SC/ST/OBC candidates).
- In certain educational establishments, admission to the Diploma in Nautical Science is dependent on past test performance.
Admission on the basis of merit
- Both online and offline applications are accepted for the Diploma in Nautical Science.
- Candidates must go to the college’s official website to learn about the admissions process.
- Create an application ID and fill out the application form with the relevant information.
- Upload all relevant papers, such as grade reports, birth certificates, passport photos, and so on.
- Complete the application procedure by paying the application fee.
- If candidates find themselves on the merit list, they must visit the college website to reserve a spot in the course, which will be followed by the counselling phase.
How do you get into a good college?
Reputable colleges have an admissions procedure in which they run their own entrance examinations to assess students’ abilities; included below are some recommendations that may be helpful in obtaining admission.
- The admission exam comprises multiple-choice questions and objective type questions covering topics such as basic general knowledge in mathematics, chemistry, and physics, among others.
- Candidates will be shortlisted after the exam and ultimately selected based on their performance during the interview session.
- To pass through the PI (personal interview) phase, you must do some research on the course content and be familiar with the current syllabus.
- It will be beneficial to solve the MCQs by looking at sample papers and taking the mock tests.
Admission is based on an entrance exam.
- Candidates can register for the relevant admission tests on the regulating authority’s official website.
- Then students must fill out all of the relevant information for the exam registration procedure.
- All papers, including mark sheets, birth certificates, passport photos, and so on, should be uploaded.
- Pay the entry application fee and complete the registration process.
- The conducting body issues the admission card and the examination date.
- Following the announcement of the results, each institution sets its own cut-off based on the number of applications received for each course.
- Apply for admission to the Diploma in Nautical Science on the college’s website using your entrance exam marks.
- For the ultimate selection of the student, the college administration will request counselling or an interview.
A candidate can become a training cadet after completing a Diploma in Nautical Science programme. After completing 18 months of sea duty, they are eligible to take the 2nd Mate Exam. It is possible to rise to the rank of 2nd Officer after passing it. Working aboard cruise ships is also an option.